Thought it was great! Save yourself time and use store bought breadcrumbs! Who makes their own breadcrumbs these days?? We have added this to our recipe rotation - serve it with grilled chicken breast and a veggie. Easy and very tasty!
Linguine with Garlicky Breadcrumbs
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 297
- Calories from fat: 24%
- Fat: 7.9g
- Saturated fat: 1.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 8.9g
- Carbohydrate: 49g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 2.4mg
- Sodium: 346mg
- Calcium: 30mg
- 1 slice day-old hearty white bread (such as Pepperidge Farm), torn
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 250°.
- Place bread in a food processor; pulse 10 times or until coarse crumbs measure 2/3 cup. Place breadcrumbs on a baking sheet. Bake at 250° for 30 minutes or until dry.
- Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, and let stand 5 minutes. Return pan to heat. Stir in breadcrumbs, and cook 6 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring frequently.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain. Place pasta in a large bowl. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons oil, breadcrumbs, parsley, lemon juice, salt, and black pepper; toss gently to combine. Serve immediately.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes