Linguine with Crema di Noci
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 330
- Fat: 11.2g
- Saturated fat: 2.4g
- Protein: 12.7g
- Carbohydrate: 46.2g
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Cholesterol: 9mg
- Iron: 2.3mg
- Sodium: 384mg
- Calcium: 129mg
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1/2 cup walnut halves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 1/2 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated fresh Romano cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- 3. While pasta cooks, place walnuts in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 8 minutes or until toasted. Place 1/3 cup hot walnuts, salt, and garlic in a food processor; process until nuts are finely ground. Microwave milk at HIGH 1 minute or until hot. Add hot milk to food processor; process until smooth. Chop remaining walnuts.
- 4. Drain pasta, reserving 1/4 cup pasta water. Combine pasta, walnut cream, chopped walnuts, and pepper in a bowl; toss to coat. If necessary, add reserved pasta water, 1 tablespoon at a time, to thin walnut cream. Sprinkle with Romano cheese. Serve immediately.
- Crema di noci (KREH-mah dee NOH-chee) means "cream of walnut." Toasted walnuts are puréed into butter as a base for this pasta sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables