- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1/3 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups vertically sliced red onion
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 1/2 pounds littleneck clams
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- calories 373
- fat 14.2 g
- satfat 5 g
- monofat 6.6 g
- polyfat 1.4 g
- protein 15 g
- carbohydrate 47.5 g
- fiber 2.5 g
- cholesterol 32 mg
- iron 9.5 mg
- sodium 521 mg
- calcium 61 mg
How to Make It
Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain well.
Finely chop parsley; add oregano and rind.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add onion, red pepper, and garlic; sauté 4 minutes. Add wine and clams; cover and simmer 5 minutes or until shells open. Discard any unopened shells.
Combine clam mixture, pasta, butter, salt, and black pepper in a large bowl; toss until butter melts. Sprinkle with parsley mixture; toss well.
Sustainable Choice: Fresh clams are not only sustainable, but they also require no feed and they filter the water in which they live.