Linguine with Clam Sauce
Lovely and easy recipe. Can substitute hot peppers, japapenos, say, or even red pepper flakes, if in a in a pinch. More garlic is always good, too. Recipe straight from the back of a Private Selection Linguine bag. If bell pepper, can use a lot more; even a whole, smallish pepper wouldn't hurt. Serves 4 healthy eaters. Nice with a spinach salad, say, and a hunk of bread.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound(s) linguine
- 4 clove(s) garlic
- 1/4 cup(s) butter
- 1/4 cup(s) Olive oil
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh parsley chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) oregano or basil fresh is nice
- 1 tablespoon(s) green, bell pepper finely chopped
- 8 oz. can(s) tomato sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 can(s) chopped clams undrained
- 3 tablespoon(s) freshly grated parmesan cheese
- More Parmesan cheese for serving
- Sautee garlic in butter and oil for a minute, med. high heat. Turn to low. Add everything else. Cover, simmer for 30 minutes. In the meanwhile, cook linguine. Pour sauce over linguine, salt and pepper to taste serve with extra cheese.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Douglasbranch and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note