Makes for a great, quick weeknight dinner! I added thyme, basil, and oregano, a can of diced tomatoes, and a bit of cornstarch to thicken the sauce. Simmered for a little longer than the five recommended minutes as well to allow the flavors to meld. My boyfriend raved about it and I'll definitely be making it again!
Linguine With Clam Sauce
This classic tosses chopped clams and linguine pasta in a buttery white wine sauce, mixed with earthy mushrooms, garlic, and fresh herbs. Using canned clams and presliced mushrooms saves time in the kitchen—this dish can be on your table in just 45 minutes from start to finish.
More From Southern Living
- 1 (12-oz.) package linguine
- 2 (6 1/2-oz.) cans chopped clams
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 (8-oz.) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons crushed Italian seasoning*
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed dried red pepper
- Garnish: freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook pasta in a Dutch oven according to package directions. Drain and return to Dutch oven; set aside.
- 2. Drain clams, reserving juice.
- 3. Melt butter with oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add mushrooms and garlic, and sauté 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Add clams, white wine, basil, and next 4 ingredients; cook, stirring often, 5 minutes.
- 4. Stir reserved clam juice into pasta in Dutch oven; cook over medium heat 5 minutes. Remove from heat; add mushroom mixture, tossing to coat. Garnish, if desired.
- *1 tsp. dried Italian seasoning may be substituted.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Dean Jacob's Grinder Fresh Italiano All Natural Seasoning.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This