Bit hit with my son - which says a lot! Easy to make too! I added extra garlic. Next time I'll add some hot paper flakes for a little kick.
Linguine with Clam Sauce
Randy Mayor; Jan Gautro
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 332
- Calories from fat: 19%
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated fat: 3.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 17.1g
- Carbohydrate: 47.5g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Cholesterol: 39mg
- Iron: 8.5mg
- Sodium: 627mg
- Calcium: 54mg
- 1 (12-ounce) package linguine
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8-ounce) bottle clam juice
- 2 (6 1/2-ounce) cans minced clams, undrained
- 24 littleneck clams, scrubbed
- 1 cup finely chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Lemon wedges (optional)
- Cook linguine according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic to pan; cook 3 minutes or until golden.
- Stir in wine, salt, and clam juice. Drain minced clams; add juice to pan (reserve minced clams). Simmer for 5 minutes. Add littleneck clams; cover and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until the shells open. Remove from heat, and discard any unopened shells. Add reserved minced clams, parsley, lemon juice, and pepper.
- Place pasta in a large bowl. Add clam mixture to pasta, and toss well. Serve with lemon wedges, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes