- 1 (12-ounce) package linguine
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8-ounce) bottle clam juice
- 2 (6 1/2-ounce) cans minced clams, undrained
- 24 littleneck clams, scrubbed
- 1 cup finely chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Lemon wedges (optional)
- calories 332
- caloriesfromfat 19 %
- fat 7 g
- satfat 3.8 g
- monofat 1.7 g
- polyfat 0.3 g
- protein 17.1 g
- carbohydrate 47.5 g
- fiber 2.2 g
- cholesterol 39 mg
- iron 8.5 mg
- sodium 627 mg
- calcium 54 mg
How to Make It
Cook linguine according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Set aside.
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic to pan; cook 3 minutes or until golden.
Stir in wine, salt, and clam juice. Drain minced clams; add juice to pan (reserve minced clams). Simmer for 5 minutes. Add littleneck clams; cover and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until the shells open. Remove from heat, and discard any unopened shells. Add reserved minced clams, parsley, lemon juice, and pepper.
Place pasta in a large bowl. Add clam mixture to pasta, and toss well. Serve with lemon wedges, if desired.