- 1 pound linguine
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 1 clove garlic, finely diced
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe, ends trimmed and stalks cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 14.5-ounce can low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup corn kernels, fresh (from 2 ears) or frozen
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (optional)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated Parmesan
- calories 634
- caloriesfromfat 18 %
- fat 13 g
- satfat 2 g
- cholesterol 15 mg
- sodium 1,563 mg
- carbohydrate 97 g
- fiber 7 g
- sugars 4 g
- protein 31 g
How to Make It
Cook the linguine according to the package directions.
Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, over medium heat, fry the bacon until crisp, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel. Spoon off all but 1 tablespoon of the drippings from the pan, reserving the rest.
Return pan to medium heat, add the garlic and broccoli rabe, and toss. Add the broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until the broccoli rabe is tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in the corn, either the reserved bacon drippings or the butter, the salt, and pepper. Add the drained linguine and toss. Heat until warmed through, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Sprinkle with the Parmesan and reserved bacon and toss.
Tip: Broccoli rabe has a bitter flavor that many people find pleasing. If you're not one of them, use a 5-ounce bag of fresh spinach instead. Add it to the pan, one handful at a time, along with the linguine.