Made exactly as directed, and then added a bit more lemon juice - so delicious!
Linguine with Arugula Pesto
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 291
- Fat: 8.3g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Protein: 10.2g
- Carbohydrate: 44g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Cholesterol: 7mg
- Iron: 1.4mg
- Sodium: 376mg
- Calcium: 113mg
- 12 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, toasted
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 cups loosely packed arugula
- 2 cups loosely packed basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 tablespoons grated fresh pecorino Romano cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid. Place pasta in a bowl.
- 2. Place 1 tablespoon pine nuts and garlic in a food processor; process until minced. Add arugula and the next 5 ingredients (through black pepper), and process until well combined.
- 3. Add arugula mixture and reserved cooking liquid to serving bowl; toss well to coat. Serve with cheese.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note