- 12 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, toasted
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 cups loosely packed arugula
- 2 cups loosely packed basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 tablespoons grated fresh pecorino Romano cheese
- calories 291
- fat 8.3 g
- satfat 2 g
- monofat 4.2 g
- polyfat 1.7 g
- protein 10.2 g
- carbohydrate 44 g
- fiber 2.6 g
- cholesterol 7 mg
- iron 1.4 mg
- sodium 376 mg
- calcium 113 mg
How to Make It
Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid. Place pasta in a bowl.
Place 1 tablespoon pine nuts and garlic in a food processor; process until minced. Add arugula and the next 5 ingredients (through black pepper), and process until well combined.
Add arugula mixture and reserved cooking liquid to serving bowl; toss well to coat. Serve with cheese.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.