I have tweaked this recipe a bit and have made it many times over the years. To make it more substantial, I season chicken breast or tenders and saute first. Continue the recipe in the same pan, as directed. I use the zest of the whole lemon, as well as the juice (I like a lot of lemon flavor!) At the very end, I mix a little cornstarch with water and add to the pasta mixture to thicken it up a bit. Serve with lemon wedges (what the heck!) With these changes, I LOVE THIS RECIPE!
Linguine with Artichokes and Lemon
Yield: Makes 2 or 3 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 419
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Protein: 15g
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated fat: 4.8g
- Carbohydrate: 56g
- Fiber: 7.3g
- Sodium: 92mg
- Cholesterol: 84mg
- 9 ounces fresh linguine
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh or dried rosemary leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package (8 oz.) frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and quartered
- 3/4 cup fat-skimmed chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper
- Lemon wedges
- 1. In a 5- to 6-quart pan over high heat, bring 3 quarts water to a boil. Add linguine and stir occasionally until barely tender to bite, 2 to 3 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a 10- to 12-inch frying pan over medium-high heat, stir onions and rosemary in oil until onions are limp, 1 to 2 minutes. Add artichoke hearts, broth, wine, cream, and lemon peel; stir until boiling, 1 to 2 minutes.
- 3. Drain pasta and return to pan. Add artichoke sauce, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste. Lift with two spoons to mix. (If pasta has cooled, stir over medium heat until hot.) Pour into a wide serving bowl or distribute among plates. Serve with lemon wedges to squeeze over pasta.
- Variation: Substitute sliced red and yellow bell peppers for the artichoke hearts, or mushrooms for the artichokes and sherry for the white wine.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This