I used dried spices (except for the basil, of course) and I used walnuts instead of almonds. I know the calorie count probably went up, but I was okay with that if it meant that I didnt have to go to the grocery store. The pesto is amazing, seriously.
Linguine with Spinach-Herb Pesto
More From Cooking Light
Total: 28 Minutes
- Calories: 353
- Fat: 13.2g
- Saturated fat: 2.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.8g
- Protein: 12.9g
- Carbohydrate: 48.2g
- Fiber: 4.3g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Iron: 3.3mg
- Sodium: 327mg
- Calcium: 145mg
- 4 ounces fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup slivered blanched almonds
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large garlic clove, chopped
- 2 tablespoons organic vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 ounce Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated and divided (about 1/4 cup)
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1. Place spinach in a microwave-safe bowl; cover bowl with plastic wrap. Microwave at HIGH 2 minutes or until spinach wilts. Remove plastic wrap; cool slightly.
- 2. Place spinach, almonds, and next 5 ingredients (through garlic) in a food processor. Process until chopped. Add broth, juice, and salt; pulse 5 times. With processor on, slowly pour oil through food chute; process until well blended. Scrape into a bowl; stir in half of cheese. Cover with plastic wrap.
- 3. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain. Toss pasta with 1/2 cup pesto. Arrange about 1 1/2 cups pasta mixture in each of 4 bowls; top each serving with 2 tablespoons remaining pesto and 1 1/2 teaspoons remaining cheese.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note