- 4 ounces fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup slivered blanched almonds
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large garlic clove, chopped
- 2 tablespoons organic vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 ounce Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated and divided (about 1/4 cup)
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- calories 353
- fat 13.2 g
- satfat 2.6 g
- monofat 7.7 g
- polyfat 1.8 g
- protein 12.9 g
- carbohydrate 48.2 g
- fiber 4.3 g
- cholesterol 5 mg
- iron 3.3 mg
- sodium 327 mg
- calcium 145 mg
How to Make It
Place spinach in a microwave-safe bowl; cover bowl with plastic wrap. Microwave at HIGH 2 minutes or until spinach wilts. Remove plastic wrap; cool slightly.
Place spinach, almonds, and next 5 ingredients (through garlic) in a food processor. Process until chopped. Add broth, juice, and salt; pulse 5 times. With processor on, slowly pour oil through food chute; process until well blended. Scrape into a bowl; stir in half of cheese. Cover with plastic wrap.
Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain. Toss pasta with 1/2 cup pesto. Arrange about 1 1/2 cups pasta mixture in each of 4 bowls; top each serving with 2 tablespoons remaining pesto and 1 1/2 teaspoons remaining cheese.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.