Linguine and Mussels Marinara
Enjoy these sweet, succulent mussels over a warm bed of linguine with tomato and basil sauce.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 333
- Fat: 5.0g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 11.5g
- Carbohydrate: 61.2g
- Cholesterol: 1mg
- Iron: 3.7mg
- Sodium: 594mg
- Calories from fat: 13%
- Fiber: 5.9g
- Calcium: 143mg
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup chopped shallots (about
- 2 large)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (26-ounce) jar tomato-basil pasta sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds mussels, scrubbed and debearded (about 24 mussels)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Cook linguine according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. 2. Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add shallots and garlic; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add pasta sauce and red pepper. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Stir in mussels; cover and simmer 6 to 8 minutes or until shells open. Remove mussels from heat; discard any unopened shells.
- Divide linguine evenly among 4 bowls. Place mussels over linguine, and ladle marinara sauce over mussels. Sprinkle with basil.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note