Linguine in Spicy Red Clam Sauce
This spicy alternative to red sauce is a great way to make a simple pasta a more elegant dish.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 can(s) chopped clams, drained
- 2 can(s) diced tomatoes, nosalt added
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried hot red pepper flakes
- 1 ounce(s) flat anchovies, drained, chopped
- 1/3 cup(s) fresh basil, chopped
- 2 clove(s) garlic, chopped
- 1 pound(s) linguine
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 can(s) sliced black olives, drained
- 1 cup(s) thinly sliced greeen onions
- 1/2 cup(s) white wine
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and stir in the pan for 30 seconds. Add pepper flakes, anchovies, reserved clam juice, tomatoes, olives and wine.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes. Add clams, anchovy oil, green onions and basil. Simmer for 1 minute, or until heated through. Drain pasta and toss with the sauce. Serve immediately.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by CannedFoodFan and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note