This was an ok recipe. Everyone ate it, no one raved though. Good to have once. Very healthy portion size. Not overly garlicky despite the large amount needed.
Linguine with Garlicky Kale and White Beans
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 381
- Fat: 11.8g
- Saturated fat: 1.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 13g
- Carbohydrate: 58g
- Fiber: 5g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 4mg
- Sodium: 341mg
- Calcium: 121mg
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh garlic
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (8-ounce) package prechopped kale
- 1 (15-ounce) can unsalted cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1/4 cup cooking liquid.
- 2. Heat oil and garlic in a large skillet over medium heat. When garlic begins to sizzle, add 1/2 cup water and kale; cover and cook 5 minutes or until kale is tender, stirring occasionally. Add beans, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and salt; cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally. Add pasta and reserved 1/4 cup cooking liquid to pan; toss to coat. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper over pasta. Serve immediately.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note