As written this recipe is a nice solid 3-stars in my book. Adding some lemon zest and lemon juice at the end, adding some red pepper flake and almost doubling the kale took it into the 4-5 star range. No cheese needed! Excellent vegetarian, week-night recipe!
Linguine with Garlicky Kale and White Beans
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 381
- Fat: 11.8g
- Saturated fat: 1.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 13g
- Carbohydrate: 58g
- Fiber: 5g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 4mg
- Sodium: 341mg
- Calcium: 121mg
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh garlic
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (8-ounce) package prechopped kale
- 1 (15-ounce) can unsalted cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1/4 cup cooking liquid.
- 2. Heat oil and garlic in a large skillet over medium heat. When garlic begins to sizzle, add 1/2 cup water and kale; cover and cook 5 minutes or until kale is tender, stirring occasionally. Add beans, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and salt; cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally. Add pasta and reserved 1/4 cup cooking liquid to pan; toss to coat. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper over pasta. Serve immediately.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note