I like this recipe a lot. It's very easy. Mu husband is picky when it comes to tomatoes, so I've subbed the diced tomatoes for crushed and it's still really, really good. I usually add some basil or italian seasoning and crushed red pepper.
Linguine with Easy Meat Sauce
For picky eaters, try serving this easy meat sauce over whimsically shaped pasta, like bow ties, rotini, or wagon wheels.
Yield: Serves 4
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 296
- Fat: 4.9g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 20.7g
- Carbohydrate: 43.6g
- Fiber: 3.3g
- Cholesterol: 68mg
- Iron: 3.4mg
- Sodium: 530mg
- Calcium: 66mg
- 1 (9-ounce) package fresh linguine
- 1/2 pound extra-lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup prechopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain.
- 2. While pasta cooks, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef, onion, garlic, oregano, and salt; cook 5 minutes or until beef is browned, stirring to crumble. Stir in tomato paste; cook 1 minute, stirring frequently. Add tomatoes. Bring to a boil; cook 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook 3 minutes or until thickened. Serve over pasta; top with cheese and parsley.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes