Linguine carbonara with cauliflower and pancetta - Real Simple
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3/4 pound(s) linguine or another long pasta
- 4 ounce(s) pancetta or 5 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) evoo
- 1 small head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 large egg
- 4 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup(s) grated Parmesan
- 1. Cook the pasta according to the package directions, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking water. Drain the pasta and return it to the pot.
- 2. Meanwhile, brown the pancetta or bacon in a large skillet over medium heat, tossing occasionally, until crisp, 8-10 minutes; transfer to a plate.
- 3. Add the oil, cauliflower, 1/2 cup water, 3/4 tsp salt, and 1/2 tsp pepper to the drippings in the skillet. Increase heat to medium-high and cook, covered, until the water has evaporated and the cauliflower is almost tender, 4-5 minutes. Uncover and cook, tossing occasionally, until golden brown and tender, 4-6 minutes more.
- 4. Add the cauliflower, egg, egg yolks, Parmesan, and 1/4 cup of the reserved cooking water to the pasta and toss to coat (adding more cooking water as needed to loosen the sauce). Top with additional black pepper.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by kateseats59 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Linguine carbonara with cauliflower and pancetta - Real Simple Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes