Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pasta
- 1-2 tbsp. extra- virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, smashed
- 1 tbsp crushed dried red pepper flakes
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 28-oz. can pureed tomatoes
- 10 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Grated Parmesan cheese, for garnish
- 1 lb. dry linguine pasta
- Heat 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic, and cook for 3-4 minutes until softened and slightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot of salted boiling water, cook the linguine for 6-8 minutes until al dente.
- Add red pepper flakes, a pinch of black pepper, then pour in the tomatoes.
- Drizzle lightly with additional olive oil, stir, and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes; add chopped basil towards the very end of cooking time.
- Drain the linguine, reserving about ½ cup of the pasta water.
- Transfer the pasta to the tomatoes, only adding pasta water to thin the sauce as needed.
- Drizzle with olive oil as desired.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes, until the pasta holds the sauce.
- Garnish with grated Parmesan cheese and a drizzle of olive oil to finish.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by rowdystylz and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Linguine Arrabiata Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes