Linda's Peach Sangria
OH MY GOD Sangria!
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 c loosely packed fresh basil leaves, plus 8-10 sprigs
- 1/4 cup sugar (sometimes I only include a tablespoon. It depends on how sweet you want it -- don't go over 1/4 cup, though. The nectar has sugar, too . . . )
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- Peach nectar (I use Looza; usually buy 2 bottles but one is enough for one batch)
- 1 bottle chilled dry white wine (I've also used fruity whites and they are good, too!)
- 1 or 2 large peaches (no need to peel), diced
- Put basil leaves, sugar, and lemon juice into a small saucepan and bruise leaves by mashing with a wooden spoon. Add 12 oz (1-1/2 cups) nectar and bring just to a simmer, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes, then pour through a medium mesh sieve into a heatproof pitcher, discarding basil leaves. Stir in wine, peach, another 1-1/2 cups nectar, and basil sprigs. Chill, covered, at least 1 hour and up to 24. Serve over ice.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by KristinKnake and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Linda's Peach Sangria Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Beverages, Alcoholic