Limed-Up Cream Cheese Pound Cake
Community Recipe from
- 1 1/2 cup(s) 3 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 package(s) (8-ounce) block cream cheese, at room temperature3
- 1 cup(s) sugar
- 6 large eggs at room temperature
- 3 cup(s) all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) almond extract
- Finely grated rind and juice of 1 lime
- Lime Glaze
- 1/4 cup(s) (1/2 stick) butter
- 1/4 cup(s) sugar
- 3 tablespoon(s) lime juice
- 1/4 cup(s) powdered sugar, optional for garnish
- •Preheat oven to 325F. Grease a 12-cup Bundt pan. May need to dust pan with flour to prevent sticking.
- • To prepare cake, in a large mixing bowl, cream butter, cream cheese and sugar together on low speed for about 10 minutes until light and fluffy.
- •Beat in eggs alternately with flour, mixing well after each addition; add salt, vanilla, almond extract, lime juice and peel. Mix until combined. NOTE: Be careful to not overbeat the eggs. If you do it could dry the cake out.
- •Pour the batter into a prepared pan. Bake for 1 1/2 hours or until a toothpick or cake tester inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool for 10 minutes. Turn onto cake plate. While cake is still warm prick top with toothpicks and pour hot glaze over warm cake.
- •To prepare glaze, combine sugar, butter and lime juice in a sauce pan, bring to a boil; continue to boil for 1 minute. Drizzle slowly over warm cake.
- • Cool cake completely before slicing.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by CherylB61 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Limed-Up Cream Cheese Pound Cake Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cakes/Frostings
More Recipes for Main Dishes