Has potential, but needs work. The lime tortillas on their own do not provide nearly enough flavor. If I made this again, I think I would add dried herbs, cayenne and garlic salt to the tortilla chip coating. I also recommend pulverizing the tortilla chips almost to a powder. Even in very small pieces, we found the tortilla chips uncomfortable to eat. I would also consider making a salsa or dipping sauce.
Lime Tortilla-Crusted Chicken Tenders
Photo: Beth Dreiling Hontzas; Styling: Missie Neville Crawford
More From Southern Living
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (2-lb.) package frozen chicken tenderloins, thawed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 3/4 cups finely crushed lime-flavored tortilla chips
- Garnishes: fresh cilantro sprigs, lime wedges
- 1. Preheat oven to 425º. Whisk together eggs and 1 Tbsp. water until blended.
- 2. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Dredge in flour; dip in egg mixture, and dredge in crushed tortilla chips. Place chicken on a lightly greased wire rack on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet.
- 3. Bake at 425º for 15 to 20 minutes or until done. Garnish, if desired.
- Note: We tested with Tostitos Hint of Lime Tortilla Chips.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This