Here's a fun and ridiculously easy gift for all the cocktail lovers on your list. You can make this infusion with almost any combination of citrus fruit and liquor. We love this lime version in a margarita. (Note: It's illegal to ship spirits in the U.S.)
More From Sunset
- Calories: 67
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Protein: 0.0g
- Fat: 0.0g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrate: 0.1g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Sodium: 0.3mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 4 limes
- 1 bottle (750 ml) silver tequila
- 1. Remove zest from limes with a vegetable peeler and save fruit for another use. Put zest in a 1-qt.* glass jar or decorative bottle. Pour in gin (through a funnel, if the bottle has a narrow opening).
- 2. Close jar tightly and put in a cool, dark place for 1 week. The zest will lose its color almost immediately, but will continue to give flavor to the tequila.
- 3. Chill tequila and serve cold; it will gradually intensify and get a little cloudy.
- * You can use a smaller bottle, but the infusion will be stronger, so taste it occasionally and remove the zest when the liquor tastes the way you want.
- Make ahead: Up to 3 months (1 year, strained), chilled.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note