Yield: 1 (9-inch) tart
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 2 large eggs
- 6 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 3/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- Garnishes: sweetened whipped cream, sugared lime rind strips, lime slices
- Roll Pastry into a 13-inch round on a lightly floured surface. Fit into a 9-inch round tart pan; trim edges. Cover and freeze 1 hour.
- Line prepared pastry with aluminum foil, and fill with pie weights or dried beans.
- Bake at 400° for 12 minutes. Remove weights and foil; bake 14 minutes or until golden.
- Whisk together sugar and next 6 ingredients in a medium sauce-pan until blended; add butter. Bring to a boil over medium heat, whisking constantly; boil 1 minute. Cool slightly; pour into pastry shell. Place heavy-duty plastic wrap directly on surface, and chill 8 hours. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts