Was a huge hit! Didn't have mirin on hand so I just used a white wine I had, turned out great. The flavor is amazing. Took more time than I had expected to get everything prepared, but totally worth the time! Bf thought I had worked all day to make it, and asks for it again and again! I made it with rice and chimichuri. Delish! Great for special occasions!
Lime-Scented Orange Roughy and Spinach
Cooking en papillote (in parchment) helps the citrus rind and juice lend aroma and flavor to the spinach and fish. Here, we use heavy-duty foil to make the packets for the fish and spinach because it's easy to find and handle.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 221
- Calories from fat: 20%
- Fat: 4.9g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 27.6g
- Carbohydrate: 13.3g
- Fiber: 3.4g
- Cholesterol: 34mg
- Iron: 2.5mg
- Sodium: 470mg
- Calcium: 138mg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 (10-ounce) package fresh baby spinach
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup mirin (sweet rice wine)
- 1 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 4 (6-ounce) orange roughy fillets
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 lime wedges
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add carrot; sauté 2 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; sauté 15 seconds. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt and spinach; sauté 2 minutes or until spinach wilts.
- Combine 1/4 teaspoon salt, green onions, and next 4 ingredients (through grated ginger).
- Fold 4 (16 x 12-inch) sheets heavy-duty foil in half lengthwise. Open foil; place about 1/2 cup spinach in center of each foil sheet. Top each with 1 fillet. Drizzle mirin mixture evenly over fillets; sprinkle evenly with black pepper. Fold foil over fillets; tightly seal edges. Place foil packets in a single layer on a jelly-roll pan. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Serve with lime wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes