This is so great and I make it all the time. Fresh lime juice is key, I tried it once with the bottled stuff and it wasn't nearly as good. For the lime simple syrup, I only use 1/2 cup of sugar with 1/3 cup of water. 3/4 cup of sugar is a very sweet syrup and fruit is sweet as well. I usually use two mangoes diced, 2 kiwis, peeled cut in half then sliced, quartered strawberries and one pineapple (the kind in the produce section that's already had the outside and core removed) that I dice. Very pretty, colorful and tasty!
Lime-Scented Mango-Strawberry Salad
Photo: Mark Thomas; Styling: Stephana Bottom
More From Allyou
Chill: 30 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 135
- Fat: 0.0g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 1g
- Carbohydrate: 35g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 2mg
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 cups trimmed, sliced strawberries (about 2 lb.)
- 3 cups peeled, diced mangoes (2 to 3 large mangoes)
- 1. Combine sugar and 1/3 cup water in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until sugar has dissolved, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool. Stir in lime zest and juice; let cool to room temperature.
- 2. Mix strawberries with mangoes in a large bowl. Add syrup and gently stir until well mixed. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes or until ready to serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Lime-Scented Mango-Strawberry Salad Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This