I used a grill pan to prepare these they were pretty good, but I'm sure they would've been much better on an real charcoal grill; will do that way next time. Served with grilled zucchini, which is always good, in a grill pan or on a charcoal grill.
Lime and Pepper Grilled Chicken Breasts
More From Sunset
Prep And Cook:
Marinate: 30 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 212
- Calories from fat: 21%
- Protein: 28g
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated fat: 0.9g
- Carbohydrate: 14g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Sodium: 661mg
- Cholesterol: 68mg
- 1/2 cup lime juice (from about 4 limes)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 boned, skinned chicken breast halves
- 1. Combine lime juice, sugar, pepper, oil, salt, and 1/4 cup water in a large bowl or resealable plastic bag. Stir to dissolve sugar and salt. Set aside.
- 2. On a flat surface, lay 1 chicken breast half between 2 large pieces of plastic wrap. Using a mallet or a small saucepan, pound chicken to an even 1/4- to 1/3-in. thickness. Put chicken in bowl or plastic bag with marinade. Repeat with remaining breasts. Cover or seal; chill 30 minutes.
- 3. Preheat a gas or charcoal grill to medium-hot (you can hold your hand 1 to 2 in. above cooking-grate level only 3 to 4 seconds). Remove chicken from marinade and grill 4 minutes (cover if using gas). Turn chicken over (cover if using gas), and grill until cooked through (chicken should feel firm when poked), 3 to 4 minutes. Serve hot or at room temperature.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes