Lime-Glazed Angel Food Cake
Prep: 10 minutes; Stand: 20 minutes. Start with a store-bought angel food cake, or go to Health.com/angelfood for a homemade cake recipe.
Yield: Makes 12 servings (serving size: 1 slice)
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 172
- Fat: 1g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 2g
- Carbohydrate: 41g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 214mg
- Calcium: 47mg
- 2 tablespoons frozen unsweetened coconut flakes, thawed
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lime zest, divided
- Dash of salt
- 1 (10-inch) round angel food cake
- 4 large mangoes, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. Spread the coconut on a baking sheet; toast about 5–7 minutes or until golden. Set aside.
- 2. Combine powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon water, lime juice, 1/4 teaspoon lime zest, and a dash of salt in a small bowl. Let stand 10 minutes. Pour glaze over cake, sprinkle with the toasted coconut, and let stand 10 minutes or until glaze is set. Stir together mango, granulated sugar, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon lime zest in a large bowl.
- 3. Use a serrated knife to cut the cake into wedges. Arrange on dessert plates with the mango slices on the side.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts