Notes: This curd is delicious spread on shortbread or slices of pound cake, or served as a sauce over ice cream.
This recipe goes with Lime Tarts with Coconut Cream
Yield: Makes about 2 1/2 cups
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 51
- Calories from fat: 51%
- Protein: 0.8g
- Fat: 2.9g
- Saturated fat: 1.6g
- Carbohydrate: 5.7g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Sodium: 31mg
- Cholesterol: 33mg
- About 1 1/4 pounds limes, rinsed
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 1/2 cup (1/4 lb.) butter or margarine, cut into chunks
- 1. With a vegetable peeler, pare green part of peel from 4 limes. Put peel and sugar in a food processor and whirl until peel is very finely chopped; let stand, covered, 30 minutes or up to 6 hours. Ream juice from limes. Measure 1 cup; save remainder for other uses.
- 2. Add the 1 cup lime juice to sugar mixture in food processor; whirl until sugar dissolves. Pour mixture through a fine strainer into a 2- to 3-quart pan, pressing liquid from peel; discard peel. Add eggs and whisk to blend; add butter.
- 3. Stir over medium-low heat until mixture thickly coats a metal spoon, about 15 minutes. Scrape into a bowl, cover, and chill until cold, at least 1 hour, or up to 3 days. Stir before using.
- Nutritional analysis per tablespoon.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments