Quite possibly the most disgusting thing I've ever tasted. Initially, it was lovely and light and full of citrusy lime flavor. That was eventually just a fond memory when the fish sauce aftertaste kicked in. And then lingered. And wouldn't go away even after I'd brushed my teeth three times. Listerine finally killed it, but it couldn't get the horrible smell out if my kitchen. Leaving my windows open for two hours in twenty degree weather helped, though. Love yourself and your family. Don't even consider making this.
Lime Chili Sauce
Craving Asian food tonight? Try whipping up this easy lime chili sauce. Better than store-bought, this sauce transforms a bowl of noodles into a divine dinner.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 13
- Calories from fat: 21%
- Protein: 0.5g
- Fat: 0.3g
- Saturated fat: 0.1g
- Carbohydrate: 2.1g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Sodium: 101mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons Vietnamese or Thai fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 cup finely shredded peeled carrot
- 1/2 teaspoon Thai-style chili paste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Whisk ingredients together and pour over cooked and rinsed noodles.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per tablespoon.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note