Really refreshing. Substitute cayenne pepper for the chile powder to make it even better.
Bring out the Tex-Mex flavors of fajita night with a drink made from light-bodied wheat beer. Lime juice, sugar, salt, and chili powder combine to add a sweet-tart heat to the evening.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 108
- Calories from fat: 1%
- Protein: 0.8g
- Fat: 0.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrate: 16g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sodium: 253mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice, plus 2 lime wedges
- 2 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 (12-oz.) bottle light-bodied wheat beer (such as New Belgium's Sunshine Wheat)
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1. In a glass measuring cup, stir lime juice, sugar, and 1/3 cup water together until sugar dissolves. Fill 2 beer mugs with ice and pour half the beer into each. Top with lime mixture.
- 2. Sprinkle one side of each lime wedge with salt and the other with chili powder. Serve with beer.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Lime-Chile Beer Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This