Quick, easy, delicious.... My husband even liked it!!! Awesome on the grill
Lime Chicken with Grilled Pineapple
More From Southern Living
Amount per serving
- Calories: 215
- Calories from fat: 8%
- Fat: 1.9g
- Saturated fat: 0.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 28g
- Carbohydrate: 20g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Cholesterol: 68mg
- Iron: 1.3mg
- Sodium: 369mg
- Calcium: 32mg
- 6 skinned and boned chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 cup fresh lime juice, divided
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded, minced, and divided
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup tequila (optional)
- 1 pineapple, peeled, cored, and cut horizontally in half
- 1 orange, sliced (1/4-inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime rind
- Place chicken between 2 sheets of plastic wrap, and flatten to a 1/4-inch thickness, using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Sprinkle evenly with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Whisk together remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/2 teaspoon pepper, 3/4 cup lime juice, 1 minced jalapeño pepper, pineapple juice, garlic, and tequila, if desired, in a medium bowl.
- Place chicken and lime mixture in a shallow bowl or a large zip-top freezer bag. Cover or seal, and chill 2 hours. Drain chicken, discarding marinade.
- Grill, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 4 minutes on each side or until done. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Grill pineapple and orange slices 5 minutes on each side, watching to prevent burning; coarsely chop pineapple, and place in a medium bowl. Stir in remaining 1/4 cup lime juice, remaining 1 minced jalapeño, honey, and lime rind. Serve with chicken and grilled orange slices.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes