Quick, easy, delicious.... My husband even liked it!!! Awesome on the grill
Lime Chicken with Grilled Pineapple
More From Southern Living
Amount per serving
- Calories: 215
- Calories from fat: 8%
- Fat: 1.9g
- Saturated fat: 0.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 28g
- Carbohydrate: 20g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Cholesterol: 68mg
- Iron: 1.3mg
- Sodium: 369mg
- Calcium: 32mg
- 6 skinned and boned chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 cup fresh lime juice, divided
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded, minced, and divided
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup tequila (optional)
- 1 pineapple, peeled, cored, and cut horizontally in half
- 1 orange, sliced (1/4-inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime rind
- Place chicken between 2 sheets of plastic wrap, and flatten to a 1/4-inch thickness, using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Sprinkle evenly with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Whisk together remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/2 teaspoon pepper, 3/4 cup lime juice, 1 minced jalapeño pepper, pineapple juice, garlic, and tequila, if desired, in a medium bowl.
- Place chicken and lime mixture in a shallow bowl or a large zip-top freezer bag. Cover or seal, and chill 2 hours. Drain chicken, discarding marinade.
- Grill, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 4 minutes on each side or until done. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Grill pineapple and orange slices 5 minutes on each side, watching to prevent burning; coarsely chop pineapple, and place in a medium bowl. Stir in remaining 1/4 cup lime juice, remaining 1 minced jalapeño, honey, and lime rind. Serve with chicken and grilled orange slices.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note