This recipe was so so so amazing. My husband and I scarfed it down in about 10 minutes! Everything was simple and quick - I did let my chicken tenders marinate for 2 hours as opposed to 10 minutes. The chicken was so tender and juicy and had the best lime flavor. I even had leftover orzo salad cold for lunch today and it was even better than yesterday!
Lime Chicken Tenders and Orzo Salad
More From Southern Living
- 1 lime
- 1 1/4 pounds chicken breast tenders
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked orzo pasta
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons country-style Dijon mustard
- 1 medium-size red bell pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup peeled and diced cucumber
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1. Preheat grill to 300° to 350° (medium) heat. Grate zest from lime to equal 1 tsp. Cut lime in half; squeeze juice from lime to equal 3 Tbsp.
- 2. Combine chicken, lime zest, lime juice, 1/4 cup olive oil, and next 3 ingredients. Let stand 10 minutes. Remove chicken from marinade, discarding marinade.
- 3. Grill chicken, covered with grill lid, 5 to 7 minutes on each side or until done.
- 4. Prepare pasta according to package directions. Combine vinegar, mustard, and remaining 1 Tbsp. olive oil. Toss orzo, bell pepper, cucumber, and dill with vinegar mixture. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with grilled chicken.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This