Lime-Basil Grilled Tomato Salsa
Grilling the vegetables makes them easy to peel and adds a smokey flavor counterpoint to the crisp Lime-Basil flavor.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 8 tomatoes
- 4 shallots
- 4 green poblano peppers
- 1 green bell pepper
- Grill the first four items until charred and peeling
- 2 tablespoon(s) garlic minced
- 1 splash vinegar
- 1 handful lime-basil chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- Let the grilled vegetable set in a bowl to cool after grilling--pour off the collected juice and slip the peels off.
- Put the vegetables and the remaining ingredients in the food processor bowl and chop coarsely. Freeze in 1/2 pint containers to preserve the fresh lime-basil flavor.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by DKahoe and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note