Lime-and-Macadamia Nut Tart
- 1 (5 1/3-ounce) package graham crackers, crushed (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated lime rind
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice (about 6 large limes)
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 drop green liquid food coloring (optional)
- 1 drop yellow liquid food coloring (optional)
- Garnishes: toasted macadamia nuts, lime slices, and whipped cream
- Stir together first 4 ingredients. Firmly press crumb mixture evenly on bottom and up sides of a 10-inch tart pan.
- Bake crust at 350° for 7 to 9 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
- Whisk together eggs, grated lime rind, and fresh lime juice in a non-aluminum saucepan over low heat. Add 1 cup sugar, 6 tablespoons melted butter, and if desired, food coloring; cook, whisking constantly, 8 minutes or until lime mixture is thickened and bubbly. Let cool 15 to 20 minutes.
- Pour filling into prepared crust; cover and chill 4 hours or until set. Remove sides of tart pan, and garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This