Lime and Coconut Chicken
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 pound(s) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoon(s) oil
- 1 lime zested
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1.5 teaspoon(s) ground coriander
- 2 tablespoon(s) soy sauce
- 1.5 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 2 tablespoon(s) sugar
- 2 teaspoon(s) curry powder
- 1.5 cup(s) coconut milk
- 1 pinch(s) cayenne
- 1 small fresh hot chili such as thai or serrano minced
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh cilantro chopped
- fresh limes cut into wedges
- Trim fat from chicken breasts. Starting on thick side of the breasts slice the chicken breasts almost in half, then open each like a book.
- Place each open breast between two pieces of plastic wrap, wax paper or inside a large, open, Ziploc bag.
- Using a small heavy pan, bottle or smooth meat mallet lightly pound out each breast into even thickness.
- Mix all remaining ingredients except fresh cilantro and limes.
- Add chicken and marinade to a large bowl or ziploc bag and chill in the refrigerator for up to two hours.
- Your chicken doesn’t take long to cook so you can use this time to get your dishes prepped and ready.
- Once you are ready to cook the chicken, remove each breast from the marinade.
- Pour the marinade into a small saucepan and bring to a rolling boil. Boil continuously for at least 2 minutes, stirring occasionally so it doesn’t burn.
- In a heavy skillet or grill pan, heat a splash of oil over high heat.
- Cook the chicken in batches to prevent over crowding the pan.
- Place the breasts in the hot pan and cook without turning for a couple minutes
- Flip the breasts over and cook until the other side is golden, it shouldn’t take long depending on the thickness of your chicken. Place cooked breasts on a plate in a warm oven or under foil while cooking the remaining chicken.
- Sprinkle with fresh lime juice and cilantro. Serve with sauce on the side.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mbusque and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Lime and Coconut Chicken Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes