This was delicious. My family loved it. We ate it like lettuce wraps, but it was pretty messy. My husband suggested putting in in rice paper wrappers (like spring rolls), and we will try this next time.
Lime-and-Cilantro Beef Salad
More From Southern Living Cooking School
- 1 (3.5-oz.) bag SUCCESS Jasmine Rice, uncooked
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup lite soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 pound ground sirloin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 (6-oz.) package fresh baby spinach leaves, thoroughly washed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- Garnishes: chopped roasted peanuts, sliced red onions
- 1. Prepare rice according to package directions. Let cool.
- 2. Meanwhile, process cilantro and next 4 ingredients in a blender 10 seconds or until smooth. Cook ground sirloin in oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, 5 to 7 minutes or until meat crumbles and is no longer pink. Add green onions and ginger, and cook stirring often, 3 minutes. Add spinach and salt; cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute or just until spinach is wilted.
- 3. Toss lettuce, rice, and beef mixture each with 1/4 cup cilantro mixture. Divide lettuce, rice, and beef mixture evenly between 4 individual serving plates. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads