- 2 cups shelled fresh lima beans
- 2 (1/4-inch-thick) slices onion
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
How to Make It
Arrange beans and onion slices in steaming rack. Place over 1/2 cup boiling water; cover and steam 25 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove from heat, and discard onion slices.
Saute 1 tablespoon chopped onion in butter until tender; add beans and chicken broth. Cover and simmer 15 minutes. Add parsley, salt, and pepper; simmer an additional 2 minutes.