Lima Beans with Ham and Cream
Maple-honey ham imparts a smoky sweetness to these baby beans simmered in cream.
More From Oxmoor House
Total: 1 Hour, 10 Minutes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen baby lima beans, thawed
- 1/2 pound maple-honey ham, diced (we tested with Boar's Head)
- 1 cup finely diced onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup chicken broth
- Butter a 2-quart shallow baking dish, and set aside.
- Stir together lima beans and remaining ingredients in a large bowl; spoon into prepared dish.
- Bake, covered, at 375° for 30 minutes. Uncover; stir and bake 30 more minutes or until bubbly and browned. Serve with a slotted spoon, if desired. Beans will thicken as they begin to cool.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note