My guests and I loved this appetizer. Super easy, super healthy. Went great with carrots and cucumbers. Making it again this weekend.
Lima Bean Dip (Salsa di Fagioli)
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 95
- Calories from fat: 32%
- Fat: 3.4g
- Saturated fat: 0.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 4.7g
- Carbohydrate: 13g
- Fiber: 3.6g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1.4mg
- Sodium: 195mg
- Calcium: 21mg
- 1 pound frozen baby lima beans
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 garlic clove
- 1. Cook beans in boiling water 10 minutes or until very tender. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid.
- 2. Place sesame seeds in a blender; process until finely ground. Add juice and remaining ingredients; process until blended. Add beans and 1/2 cup reserved liquid; process until almost smooth, scraping sides of blender occasionally.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note