My guests and I loved this appetizer. Super easy, super healthy. Went great with carrots and cucumbers. Making it again this weekend.
Lima Bean Dip (Salsa di Fagioli)
Fava beans are traditional in this hummuslike dip. Use them, if you find them, in place of the lima beans. Serve with raw vegetables for dipping.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 95
- Calories from fat: 32%
- Fat: 3.4g
- Saturated fat: 0.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 4.7g
- Carbohydrate: 13g
- Fiber: 3.6g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1.4mg
- Sodium: 195mg
- Calcium: 21mg
- 1 pound frozen baby lima beans
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 garlic clove
- 1. Cook beans in boiling water 10 minutes or until very tender. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid.
- 2. Place sesame seeds in a blender; process until finely ground. Add juice and remaining ingredients; process until blended. Add beans and 1/2 cup reserved liquid; process until almost smooth, scraping sides of blender occasionally.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note