Lima Bean Cassoulet
If your skillet doesn't have an ovenproof handle, wrap the handle in layers of aluminum foil to protect it.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 30 Minutes
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup diced carrots
- 1 (8-oz.) package cooked cubed ham
- 1 (16-oz.) can large butter beans, drained
- 1/2 (16-oz.) package frozen butter peas
- 2 1/2 cups low-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- Cornbread Crust Batter
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Sauté garlic in hot oil in a 10-inch ovenproof skillet over medium heat 1 minute. Add onion and carrots; sauté 3 to 4 minutes or until tender. Add ham; cook 3 minutes. Stir in beans, peas, and next 2 ingredients; bring to a boil, and cook 5 minutes. Remove from heat; pour batter over ham mixture.
- 2. Bake at 400° for 28 to 30 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note