- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 8 ounces 90% lean ground sirloin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8-ounce) can unsalted tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 6 whole-wheat hamburger buns, toasted
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can unsalted chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained
- 18 bread-and-butter pickle chips
- calories 323
- fat 8.8 g
- satfat 2.2 g
- monofat 3.8 g
- polyfat 1.4 g
- protein 16 g
- carbohydrate 47 g
- fiber 7 g
- cholesterol 25 mg
- iron 3 mg
- sodium 559 mg
- calcium 104 mg
How to Make It
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add onion; sauté 4 minutes or until almost tender.
Add sirloin; cook 5 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble. Stir in chili powder, sugar, and salt; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
Add 1/4 cup water and tomato sauce; reduce heat, and simmer 2 minutes or until thickened.
Place chickpeas in a bowl; partially mash with a fork or potato masher. Stir chickpeas into sirloin mixture.
Spoon about 1/2 cup sirloin mixture onto bottom half of each bun; top each with 3 pickle chips and top half of bun.