- 1/2 cup dried tart cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted dates
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 3/4 cup Calvados (apple brandy), divided
- 5.6 ounces unbleached all-purpose flour (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 4.75 ounces whole-wheat flour (about 1 cup)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg white
- 1 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 2/3 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled Pink Lady apple
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled pear
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Baking spray with flour (such as Baker's Joy)
- calories 283
- fat 8.9 g
- satfat 2.9 g
- monofat 3.7 g
- polyfat 1.6 g
- protein 4.2 g
- carbohydrate 42.4 g
- fiber 2.8 g
- cholesterol 33 mg
- iron 1.3 mg
- sodium 202 mg
- calcium 59 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°.
Combine first 3 ingredients and 1/2 cup brandy in a medium glass bowl. Microwave at HIGH 2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute. Set aside.
Weigh or lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flours and next 6 ingredients (through allspice) in a bowl; stir well.
Place 4 tablespoons butter, oil, granulated sugar, and 1/2 cup brown sugar in a bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until blended. Add eggs and egg white, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add ginger and orange rind; beat 30 seconds. Add flour mixture and buttermilk alternately to sugar mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Fold in cherry mixture, apple, pear, and pecans.
Spoon batter into a 10-inch Bundt pan coated with baking spray; smooth top with a spatula. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 20 minutes on a wire rack. Remove from pan; cool completely.
Combine remaining 1/4 cup brandy, remaining 1/4 cup brown sugar, and remaining 1 tablespoon butter in a small saucepan over medium heat; bring to a boil. Cook 2 minutes or until reduced to 1/4 cup, stirring well. Drizzle over cake.