Lighter Beef Stroganoff
- 1 pound(s) beef tenderloin, cut into thin strips
- 4 teaspoon(s) canola oil, divided
- 1/2 pound(s) sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1 14-ounce can(s) beef broth
- 3 tablespoon(s) apple juice
- 1 tablespoon(s) tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Worchestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup(s) fat-free sour cream
- Dash ground nutmeg
- Hot cooked yolk-free noodles
- Fresh basil leaves, optional
- • In a large nonstick skillet or Dutch oven, brown beef in batches in 2 teaspoons oil over medium heat. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion and garlic in remaining oil until tender.
- • Return meat to the pan. Sprinkle with flour, basil, salt and pepper; stir until blended. Add the broth, apple juice, tomato paste and Worcestershire sauce. Cook and stir over medium-low heat for 8-10 minutes or until meat is tender. Stir in sour cream and nutmeg until blended (do not boil). Serve over noodles. Garnish with basil if desired.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note