Lightened Zucchini-Onion Frittata
More From Southern Living
Bake: 15 Minutes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, cut in half and sliced
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 (15-ounce) carton garden vegetable egg substitute
- 1/4 cup lowfat milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Garnish: chopped seeded plum tomatoes
- Melt butter in a 12-inch ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat; add zucchini and onion, and sauté 12 to 14 minutes or until onion is tender. Remove from heat, and stir in 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese.
- Whisk together egg substitute and next 3 ingredients at least 1 minute or until well blended. Pour over vegetable mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 13 to 15 minutes or until set; increase oven temperature to broil, and broil 5 1/2 inches from heat 1 to 2 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Sprinkle evenly with remaining 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese and basil. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note