Lightened-up Eggplant Parmesan
Community Recipe from
- 3 Medium Italian Eggplants Peeled & cut lengthwise into 1/2 in slices (~6 slices/eggplant)
- 1/4 cup(s) Extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 clove(s) Garlic Minced
- 1 tablespoon(s) Dried Italian herb mix
- 1 teaspoon(s) Coarse salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 5 cup(s) Favorite marinara sauce
- 8 ounce(s) Provolone cheese Sliced
- 1 cup(s) parmagiano reggiano or asiago cheese Grated
- 8 Fresh basil leaves Whole
- 1. Place eggplant slices on large pan or platter, rub w/olive oil, then garlic, Italian herbs, salt & pepper. Let stand 5 mins.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350.
- 3. Heat grill or large nonstick grill pan. Spray w/oil & saute eggplant slices, until lightly brown on both sides.
- 4. Spoon 1/2 C marinara into 13x9 in dish. Top w/about 6 eggplant slices, 6 cheese slices & a few basil leaves. Top w/1 1/2 C sauce & repeat layering, ending w/sauce & parmigiano Reggiano.
- 5. Cover w/foil & bake 20 mins. Remove foil & bake an additional 10-15 mins, until surface is golden brown.
- Per serving: 338 cal, 21g fat, 27mg chol., 14g prot, 25g carbs, 10g fiber, 1415mg sodium.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Adrienne5280 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes