Lightened-up Eggplant Parmesan
Community Recipe from
- 3 Medium Italian Eggplants Peeled & cut lengthwise into 1/2 in slices (~6 slices/eggplant)
- 1/4 cup(s) Extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 clove(s) Garlic Minced
- 1 tablespoon(s) Dried Italian herb mix
- 1 teaspoon(s) Coarse salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 5 cup(s) Favorite marinara sauce
- 8 ounce(s) Provolone cheese Sliced
- 1 cup(s) parmagiano reggiano or asiago cheese Grated
- 8 Fresh basil leaves Whole
- 1. Place eggplant slices on large pan or platter, rub w/olive oil, then garlic, Italian herbs, salt & pepper. Let stand 5 mins.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350.
- 3. Heat grill or large nonstick grill pan. Spray w/oil & saute eggplant slices, until lightly brown on both sides.
- 4. Spoon 1/2 C marinara into 13x9 in dish. Top w/about 6 eggplant slices, 6 cheese slices & a few basil leaves. Top w/1 1/2 C sauce & repeat layering, ending w/sauce & parmigiano Reggiano.
- 5. Cover w/foil & bake 20 mins. Remove foil & bake an additional 10-15 mins, until surface is golden brown.
- Per serving: 338 cal, 21g fat, 27mg chol., 14g prot, 25g carbs, 10g fiber, 1415mg sodium.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Adrienne5280 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note