Lightened Clementine-Gingersnap Trifles
More From Southern Living
Chill: 2 Hours
- 1 (8-oz.) package reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, divided
- 1 (8-oz.) container reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 10 to 12 clementines
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1 1/2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1 (5.25-oz.) package thin ginger cookies
- Garnishes: sliced kiwi, thin ginger cookies
- 1. Beat cream cheese, sugar, zest, and 1/2 tsp. vanilla at medium-high speed with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer 30 seconds or until smooth and sugar is dissolved. Fold in whipped topping, and spoon into a 1-gal. zip-top plastic bag. Seal bag, and chill 2 to 24 hours.
- 2. Peel clementines, and separate into segments. (Yield should be 4 cups.)
- 3. Microwave marmalade in a medium bowl at HIGH 20 seconds or until melted. Stir in clementine segments, poppy seeds, and remaining 1/2 tsp. vanilla. Remove and reserve 6 segments. Divide half of clementine mixture among 6 (10- to 13-oz.) glasses. Top each with 2 cookies. Repeat layers once.
- 4. Snip 1 corner of bag with cream cheese mixture with scissors to make a 1-inch hole. Pipe mixture onto cookies in glasses. Serve immediately, or cover and chill 2 hours. Top with reserved segments just before serving, and garnish, if desired.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Anna's Ginger Thins. A 2 1/2- to 3-qt. trifle dish may be substituted for 6 (10- to 13-oz.) glasses.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts