This was delicious, but it was difficult to swirl in the chocolate because it was so thick. I used Irish Cream coffee for the Mocha Sauce.
Lightened Chocolate-Coffee Cheesecake With Mocha Sauce
More From Southern Living
Bake: 1 Hour, 10 Minutes
Stand: 30 Minutes
Cool: 1 Hour
Chill: 4 Hours
- Calories: 464
- Calories from fat: 46%
- Fat: 24.8g
- Saturated fat: 13.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 14.9g
- Carbohydrate: 48.5g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 131mg
- Iron: 1.2mg
- Sodium: 411mg
- Calcium: 88mg
- 2 cups crushed chocolate graham crackers (about 18 crackers)
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat butter, melted
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 4 (8-oz.) packages reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup coffee liqueur
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 4 large eggs
- 4 (1-oz.) bittersweet baking chocolate squares
- Mocha Sauce
- 1. Stir together crushed graham crackers and melted butter; press mixture into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch springform pan coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce oven temperature to 325°.
- 3. Beat cream cheese and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until blended. Add liqueur, vanilla, and coffee granules, beating at low speed until well blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until yellow disappears after each addition.
- 4. Remove and reserve 1 cup cream cheese mixture. Pour remaining batter into prepared crust.
- 5. Microwave chocolate in a medium-size, microwave-safe bowl 1 minute or until melted, stirring after 30 seconds. Stir reserved 1 cup cream cheese mixture into melted chocolate, blending well. (Mixture will be thick.) Spoon mixture in lines on top of batter in pan; gently swirl with a knife.
- 6. Bake at 325° for 1 hour or until almost set. Turn oven off. Let cheesecake stand in oven, with door closed, 30 minutes. Remove cheesecake from oven, and gently run a knife around outer edge of cheesecake to loosen from sides of pan. (Do not remove sides of pan.) Cool 1 hour on a wire rack. Cover and chill at least 4 hours.
- 7. Remove sides of springform pan. Serve with Mocha Sauce.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Kahlúa for coffee liqueur.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note