- 3 pounds unpeeled medium shrimp
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup minced jalapeño pepper (about 1 pepper)
- 2 tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 (14 1/2-ounce) cans no-salt-added stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (8-ounce) carton plain fat-free yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 3 cups cooked long-grain rice
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions (about 1 1/2 onions)
- calories 331
- caloriesfromfat 0.0 %
- fat 4.5 g
- satfat 0.8 g
- monofat 0.0 g
- polyfat 0.0 g
- protein 29.6 g
- carbohydrate 42.4 g
- fiber 2 g
- cholesterol 173 mg
- iron 0.0 mg
- sodium 344 mg
- calcium 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Peel and devein shrimp; set aside.
Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; add margarine. Place over medium-high heat until margarine melts. Add chopped onion, and sauté until tender. Stir in jalapeño pepper, ginger, and garlic; sauté 2 minutes. Add curry powder; sauté 2 minutes. Add tomatoes; cook over medium heat 5 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring often. Stir in yogurt, salt, and white pepper. Add shrimp; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes or until shrimp are done.
Spoon mixture over rice; sprinkle with onions. Serve immediately.
Tip: To save time, you can buy shrimp that has already been peeled and deveined. You'll need 2 1/4 pounds peeled shrimp to equal 3 pounds unpeeled.