One of my go-to recipes for gatherings with friends.
Light Pimiento Cheese-Stuffed Celery
This pimiento cheese recipe is not only super easy, but it's a little easier on the waistline, thanks to light mayonnaise and reduced-fat Cheddar cheese.
More From Southern Living
- Calories: 54
- Calories from fat: 68%
- Fat: 4.1g
- Saturated fat: 1.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 2.5g
- Carbohydrate: 1.5g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Cholesterol: 9mg
- Iron: 0.1mg
- Sodium: 147mg
- Calcium: 75mg
- 1 1/4 cups light mayonnaise
- 1 (4-ounce) jar diced pimiento, drained
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon finely grated onion
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 (8-ounce) blocks 2% reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- 6 celery ribs, cut into 4-inch pieces
- Garnish: paprika
- Stir together light mayonnaise and next 4 ingredients in a medium bowl. Stir in cheese.
- Spread 1 tablespoon cheese mixture into each celery rib. Garnish, if desired.
- Note: Store remaining pimiento cheese mixture in an airtight container in refrigerator up to 1 week.
Don't be tempted to use preshredded cheese. It takes a few more minutes to shred your own, but you'll be much more pleased with the creamy texture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note